Our Digital Marketer Level 3 Apprenticeship programme is ideal for businesses looking to take their initial steps into the world of marketing. The training can be undertaken with new recruits as well as existing employees or business owners. It’s both practical and strategic with a focus on helping the business increase profitability via effective digital marketing.
As part of their programme apprentices will complete:
- Three knowledge modules introducing marketing theory and practical skills through a combination of online learning and practical workplace experience.
- A work-based portfolio showcasing the skills learnt in real work projects.
- An end-point assessment – consisting of a synoptic project and an interview to ensure they’ve met the learning outcomes of the programme.
The Digital Marketer Level 3 Apprenticeship is made up of 3 modules:
Level 3 Certificate in Marketing Principles
If you are going to use digital marketing to its best potential, you’ll need to know how to strategies and how wider marketing principles should influence what you do with your digital platforms. The unit focuses heavily on understanding your business, your customer, and how you can reach them with your offer.
L3 Certificate in Digital Marketing Business Principles
This is where you get more hands-on and into the detail, understanding the characteristics and comparisons of digital & social media platforms. This includes practical and strategic skills to get the most out of the platforms that you choose for your business. It’s all about content, the importance of your brand, relationship building and commercial impact. Also covered is security levels, email marketing and, your best friend in digital marketing, Google Analytics.
Level 3 Award in Principles of Coding
This unit isn’t going to turn you into a programmer, but it will give you the basic understanding of coding in the most common languages. This can be essential for managing your website and online assets. Even if you outsource your website management or maintenance, it can be tough to know what’s needed or what’s being done. This unit is aimed at helping you to keep overheads down by having more power to DIY web pages, email templates and other platforms, as well as feel more confident working with your website professionals. Also included is SEO (search engine optimisation) training, algorithms, cookies, GDPR and W3C.
During the programme learners are required to spend 20% of time at work on off-the-job learning.
The final, end point assessment is completed in the last few months of the apprenticeship. It is based on:
- a portfolio – produced towards the end of the apprenticeship, containing evidence from real work projects which have been completed during the apprenticeship.
- a project - giving the apprentice the opportunity to undertake a business-related project over a one-week period away from the day-to-day workplace.
- an employer reference.
- a structured interview with an assessor - exploring what has been produced in the portfolio and the project as well as looking at how it has been produced.
An independent assessor will assess each element of the end point assessment.
An employer must be prepared to provide the learner with the opportunity to carry out work and be part of projects which will enable the learner to produce substantial evidence towards their qualification.
What you will achieve
On successful completion of the programme the following qualifications are gained:
- BCS Level 3 Digital Marketer Apprenticeship
- Principles of Coding (BCS KM1)
- Marketing Principles (BCS KM2)
- Google Analytics Individual Qualification (IQ)
Find out more
Click the button below to find out more about DPN's Digital Marketer Level 3 Apprenticeship programme.